Drake - Summer Games

Drake is by far the most renowned contemporary rapper around. In 2018 his latest album Scorpion had many tracks that reached number 1: 'God's plan', 'Nice for what' and 'In My Feelings'. However, the record also has some hidden gems. 'Summer Games' shows Drake at his best and here is why ......



 Image result for drake scorpion


Immediately the song brings you into the emotion of the lyrics. A deep calm but yet fast beat entraps you. Drake often produces his own beats and is well known for helping other artists with their production. Drake discusses his fast relationship in the summer and how it was ruined by the contemporary social media age: 'you say I led you on, but you followed me, I follow one of your friends, you unfollow me'. Drake often purs his emotions out in a few tracks in his albums (from 'Marvins Room' to 'Too God'.

Drake goes on to explain his anger of the ending of this relationship. With the lyrics turning to annoyance, 'Said you want a simple life and that's not me. How you go from that to endin' up with someone just like me?'. The tone of the song changes aswell to a bass beat with drums to represent Drakes anger in his lyrics.

Image result for drake

'Summer Games' then goes to a repeating lyric of 'breaking my heart, tearing me apart, breaking me down when I'm already down'. This is a spiral of confusion that Drake was left in after his brief summer relationship, leaving him with many unanswered questions. Drake often discusses heartbreak and the album Scorpion some believe is based on Drake's star sign Scorpio, which is a person showing lots of outward emotion. Summer Games definitely does this and in some style.

Listen here: https://open.spotify.com/track/4HG1YiGBseVKzjyKcmAJen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jaden Smith - Icon

The Legacy of Scott Hutchinson